1. Harun Yahya is not a real name, it is an alias for “Adnan Oktar” who is a Turkish “Intellectual”.
2. His materials are all focused around invitation to Ruboobiyyah.
3. The general thrust seems to be unity of religions with emphasis upon morality, justice etc. A person could read his materials and come back thinking “Islam, Christianity and Judaism all call to the same thing”.
4. Overall there is hardly any dependence upon the Sunnah in his materials and it might be the case that the people / individuals / organisations etc. behind this “brand name” of “Harun Yahya” actually reject the Sunnah, and consider it to be something that divides the Muslims rather than unite them.
5. There are oppositions to the aqeedah of the Salaf in his works, amongst them references and exposition of the doctrine of Wahdat ul-Wujood (Unity of Existence).
6. I suggest you have a read of this article which covers this particular subject: [PDF] Two Ways to Know the Creator – SalafiPublications.Com : The richtest content on the web
-=amjad bin muhammad rafiq=-
- Distinguishing Signs of Ahlus-Sunnah wal-Jama’ah (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)
- Yes, We are Salafi and We Shall Remain so by the Permission of Allah! – al-‘Allaamah Saalih Ibn Fawzaan al-Fawzaan (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)
- The statement: “You don’t know what is in my heart” (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)
- Shaykh Hammaad al-Ansaaree, Shaykh Saalih al-Fawzaan, Shaykh Abdul-Azeez ar-Raajihee on the Saudi State And Its Dissenters (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)