Is there a ‘Salafiyyah Qadeemah (old)’ and ‘Salafiyyah Jadeedah (new)’, or is there just one Salafiyyah?
There is only one Salafiyyah, the one who claims that there is an old and new Salafiyyah has lied. If we contemplate over the ‘Aqeedah of the Salaf from the time of the Sahaabah to our time today, we find it to be one ‘Aqeedah, never contradicting each other. Even if they differed in the subsidiary legislations which are not from the fundamentals and beliefs, then surely they disagree in this (subsidiary legislations) . Not one of them belittles the other. This was the way of the Sahaabah, may Allaah the most high be pleased with them all. As for the beliefs, then their Manhaj (methodology) in this regard is one from the time of the Companions until now.
Shaykh Ahmad bin Yahyaa an-Najmee al-Fataawah al-Jaleeyah ‘an al-Manaahij ad-Da’waiyyah
Translated by Aboo Zayd Muhammad Sheikh-Elmi
- Reason for disunity (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)
- Shaykh Rabee’ Ibn Haadee al-Madkhalee on Affiliating with as-Salafiyyah (sabeelalmumineen.wordpress.com)
- The Origins of The Term ‘Soofiyyah’ (fatwaislam.com)
- The Source of Where Innovations Began; And How Madeenah Was Always Safeguarded Against The Appearance of Innovations From Within It. (fatwaislam.com)
- Who are Ahlus-Sunnah wal-jamaa’ah? (fatwaislam.com)
- Concerning the Jamaa’atut-Tableegh in Saudi Arabia (fatwaislam.com)
- Shaikh Hammaads early warning against the deviant call of the Surooris (fatwaislam.com)
- Reasons for the innovators denying Allaah’s Attributes (fatwaislam.com)
- The importance of understanding these times that we live in (fatwaislam.com)
- Who are the Salafiyyah Jadeedah? (troid.ca)
- The Creed of the Raafidhah Regarding Abu Bakr as-Siddeeq (http://www.troid.ca/forum)